Omodolapo Dada is a quality-focused, medical laboratory scientist with vast technical skills, gained through hands-on experience within private and government owned establishments. She is the present Assistant Chief Medical Laboratory Scientist in the Lagos State Health Service Commission.
As the Laboratory Quality Officer, she has been involved in the design of the Quality Management System of laboratory facilities from baseline, which involved the preparation of policies and procedures, in technical, management and safety and reviews. She also possesses various certificate of participation in many medical laboratory techniques such as Dried Blood Spot in HIV testing by Fhi360 in 2010; Blood safety in Blood transfusion by African society for blood transfusion in 2015; Introduction to Quality Management Systems by Fhi 360 in 2016; Infection Prevention and Control by John Snow in 2016; Malarial microscopy technique by Malaria Research laboratory LUTH in 2016; Internal audits training for laboratory personnel by Fhi 360 in 2017, and; Strategic human capital development training by HSC in 2020. She is currently running a professional degree in Molecular Diagnosis in Medical Laboratory Science.
Having worked in many places as a quality medical laboratory scientist, her skill set include: (1) Knowledge of good medical laboratory practice as it covers pre-analytical, analytical and post-analytical path of workflow processes and procedures; (2) Appreciable knowledge of haematology and blood transfusion science as a major discipline in addition to other specialties of medical laboratory; and (3) In-depth knowledge of quality management systems and management and technical skills required in laboratory practice in accordance with ISO 15189.
Also as the Assistant Chief Medical Laboratory Scientist in the Lagos State Health Service Commission, she regularly performs the following laboratory work accurately, either manually or with automation:
- Provision of daily supervision of laboratory operative and personnel performing testing and reporting of test results.
- Conduct of daily analysts of routine and high complex laboratory investigations.
- Performance of proficiency testing and reviewing of remedial actions after documented failures of medical laboratory procedures.
- Coordinating of quality management systems activities as it concerns drafting of policies and procedures and reviews.
- Continuous education of self and other staff by attending medical Laboratory related seminars,staff meetings and participating in external assessment by SLMTA.
- Maintenance of technical and management expertise for procedures and duties within assigned sections and completes all assigned tasks associated within timeline efficiently.
- Designing, development and evaluation of new laboratory procedures.
- Upgrading knowledge of laboratory information systems and use of some softwares.
- Scheduling and organizing of internal and safety audits, and ensuring pitfalls identified are worked on as assigned by laboratory management.