MicroBiotics is a biomedical and bioscience information-providing platform created for investigation, collation and dissemination of information about microorganisms as they affect other lives around them.
Its conception is borne out of the desire to make available to the public the vast amount of useful, practicable information and findings about their advantages and disadvantages, benefits, dangers and applications among other things. We intend to achieve this through:
- publishing of news and feature articles from professional individuals and groups;
- organizing conferences, symposia, seminars, public lectures, professional debates and enlightenment campaigns, and;
- hosting audio/video talk shows.
The target audience is the general public as a whole, especially those with interest in how their health and well-being are affected by the microbial world around and within them.
Our Vision Statement
To be a foremost purveyor of information, news, events, and findings about microorganisms in Nigeria and Africa in general, for the benefit of humanity.
- To make information concerning useful and practical application and the implications of microorganisms on people’s health and well-being, available to the public;
- To provide news, educating feature articles, investigative reports and updates concerning diseases outbreaks, prevention and cures, innovative bioscience/biomedical discoveries, food improvisation and security;
- To make researchers more accountable by providing research feedbacks to individuals, groups and communities that participate in research activities in fulfillment of one of the universal ethics of carrying out researches;
- To be a connecting links between communities/groups in need of necessary aids and assistance concerning their health and wellbeing to the appropriate bodies and institutions;
- To increase the interaction between the academic communities and their industrial practitioners counterparts for comprehensive exchanges of ideas, facts and findings, and increase the chance of success of applying academic knowledge in the industry;
- To provide avenues for professionals in biomedical and bioscience fields (students, academics, technologists, industrial practitioners etc.) to share their findings, air their perspectives on salient issues, and make relevant contribution to the health and economic policies of the country;
- To provide a forum for research and development, through continuous interactions with the active participants in
biomedical and bioscience fields both for individual and collective development;
- To make Microbiology and other
biomedical and bioscience fields interesting and interactive ones through continuous and consistent organizing of debates, symposia, conferences and seminars and audiovisual talk shows across the country, especially for those associated with the fields and those who have interest in it;
- And finally, to bring information from Microbiology and other
biomedical and bioscience discipline down to the grass-root level and the uneducated public in order to make them know about the importance of microbes to their health through public enlightenment programmes and campaigns.
Are you interested in any of our ideas and programmes? Contact us.